Tuesday, July 21, 2009

To My Most Uncommon Hero,

*Please click on the song Uncommon on the playlist in the box to the right(it should begin automatically) and make sure your volume is on, hopefully you'll be encouraged as well by the words.*

Dear Ben,

Today we celebrate our eighth anniversary.  You are so many things to me.  I listened to the song yesterday Uncommon and you exhort me to strive for this.  More importantly, you are uncommon.  Your life is different.  Your life speaks volumes.  You have so much character.  You are pursuing things in life that count.  That last.  For eternity.  You take the road less traveled.  I am along for the ride.  You remind me to trust, to let go, and to feel the very presence of God.  What a sweet breeze to my soul you are.  
I know I often resist letting you into my heart.  That is such a scary place for me.  I am thankful that as I have opened up, you hold my heart and soul gently.  I know I often retreat back and put up walls.  I guess that is what love is.  Un-guarding.  Oddly, we spend so much of our life learning to not trust, to not let go and then I met you.  Trustworthy, faithful, loving, forgiving, and most of all, safe.  I think a gentle breeze is the best way to describe your affect on my soul.  
I know you are not perfect, but I can honestly say you are amazing.   I am more proud of you today than ever.  My love has truly grown and grown.  You are leaving a legacy. One our boys will be proud and honored to say is Uncommon.
Today, I celebrate our love, our commitment, our covenant.  I am so thankful for you; you have my heart.  All of it.  For as long as we live.

5 comments:

Leah said...

Congratulations!! Every year we stay married is a great accomplishment and should be celebrated! It's a glory to God and a slap to satan!!

11 years ago today my husband proposed to me!!

Hope you are well!

Bill, Misty, Will, and Laura Ann said...

Oh Andi!! All I can say is that I am crying for joy!!!
Love,
Misty

Lindsey said...

How wonderfully sweet! And Happy Anniversary! I love that you mentioned convenant; that goes right along with what we talked about Sunday in Sunday School. Marriage is a post I will be doing soon. Hopefully. :)

Paula V said...

You are a sweet lady. You are a sweet wife. You are blessed with the most uncommon of common...a good, rich marriage.

kristen said...

Happy Happy (belated) Anniversary!