Wednesday, September 16, 2009

what if...

What if I prayed because I wanted to talk with Jesus?
Not just at Him with my to do list.

What if I prayed as if my very existence depended on it?
Instead of thinking I am strong enough to figure things out.

What if I prayed like I was at Atlanta Bread talking to my friend?
Not just a stuffy forced journal entry.

What if I prayed and was quiet enough to hear the whisper?
Not just moving on to the next thing.

What if I prayed realizing I am a beloved child of the King?
Not an orphan.

What if I prayed and for a moment could pause and sense the angels singing Glory to God in the Highest?
Instead of thinking about my wish list for God.

What if I prayed in sweet communion with the Living Creator of the Universe, who is working for my good; the good being to make me more like Jesus and I really talked to Him?

What if I really made time to pray, to really talk with Him and slow down enough to enjoy my visit with Him?
What if my prayers became more like a visit with Him?
What if my prayers affected my life because I was changed and refreshed by my time with Him?
May it be so.



4 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

amen.

i've loved your last two posts.

Paula V said...

What if...
Yes...
Convicting and humbling...

Tonja said...

Beautiful, beautiful post. Questions we all need to ask ourselves.

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Amen and amen. What a great reminder and prayer in itself. I am sure God is glorified in this post!