Friday, June 12, 2009

Scone Saturday, Chantilly Cream, and the Garage

Don't you think that scones and the garage sound like they go hand in hand?

They don't.  However, we have a very handy Pop.  He is heading our way to help "us" organize the space that we affectionately refer to as the Pit.



Since he is so kind to volunteer his time and energy, I want to treat him well.  Thanks to Abby(click here for the recipe)  I have a new yummy scone recipe to try for a work break Saturday morning.

My dear friend and FABULOUS cook, Mary Lise has a wonderful compliment for scones.  It is called Southern Clotted Cream.  It might be that my Missouri raising steps in here, but there is something about the word "Clotted" that is not appetizing.   So, I believe I have heard of Chantilly Cream.  That I like.  Doesn't it sound fluffy and nice and not clotted?

I am posting the recipe below:


Southern Clotted Cream  OR Chantilly Cream


2 cups heavy whipping cream

¼ cup confectioner’s sugar

1 teaspoon almond flavoring


Put bowl and beaters in freezer for up to 30 minutes to cool.  Beat heavy cream and gradually add the powdered sugar.

Add the almond flavoring as the mixture begins to thicken.  Beat until mixture holds shapes and forms peak.


Will keep covered in the refrigerator for up to one week.


Serve in a crystal cordial glass.  Top with a dried or fresh flower.



I can't wait to share with you all about our Thursday~It is a bit lengthy and my battery on my camera is dead.  :(


We would LOVE for you to join us tonight at 6:30 for a concert with Paul Coleman(click here for more information)!!!!!  

Come by First Presbyterian to enjoy a free concert with this Grammy nominated singer/songwriter.


Happy Friday~


1 comment:

Justabeachkat said...

I agree clotted cream doesn't sound good to me either...now chantilly cream does! Thanks for the recipe.

Hugs!
Kat