Wednesday, April 22, 2009

You know you are a mom when....





You look down in your car and see your portable home phone.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You look in the bottom of your BIG purse and find an old apple core.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You hear a rumble upstairs during nap time and find an unnamed toddler (2 1/2) has proudly put his poop in the bathroom cabinet and is actually pleased with himself for getting it out of his diaper.  He even went the extra mile and cleaned off his hands, wiped them on the floor of course.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are on the phone and children turn the backyard into a literal red mud pit with the use of a single garden hose.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mud pit junkies get thrown in the tub (not literally) and throw wooden candle thingy from Mexico into bath water.  Stain begins to seep out into the water and children are splashing EVERYWHERE while brown stained water is flung to all parts of the bathroom.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On a brighter note, you get more hugs and kisses than you could ever imagine and oh so many precious fingerprints on the glass to remind you that this time passes too quickly!


These events actually happened!  :)

10 comments:

Melody said...

SOOO funny I left my portable phone in my car just yesterday. Funny what we think we can multitask. Love the poop story.

Wanting What I Have said...

That is stinkin' hilarious!!! :)

Kellie said...

Whoa...did they all happen in ONE day???? Bless you - those are all hilarious and most of them have happended to me in the last 3 months!!!!!

Tonja said...

Been there...done that...X3.

Just roll with it, my dear...just roll with it!

Sherrie said...

omgoodness too funny!! I have done the home phone in the car too. I have actually been talking on it and got into the car thinking it was my cell phone and pulled out of the garage!!!! Also, found a zip lock back with half of a turkey sandwich in the bottom of my purse that I had fixed for Sophie.....a week later.........yuck!!!!! That is bad!!!

Yes it is 3:30 in the morning!!! It is the only quiet time I have to catch up on my blog reading!!! I am done and off to sleep again!!!!

Paula V said...

Oh my WORD....I can't believe unnamed toddler put said poop in said cabinet followed by cleaning up on the floor. Oh my...to touch that...I mean I didn't realize kids weren't grossed at touching pooh like adults. Too cute...I think. haha.

Bill, Misty, Will, and Laura Ann said...

Oh the poop thing, after I told you about our duct taping.... My little one proved that she is much craftier than her brother was at that age. (And we thought we were past that...)
I think you guys look great in that pic even if you are Tigers.
That McClin boy is growing..thanks for the glimpse.
Steve Brown calls this kind of transparency taking off your mask, thanks.

kristen said...

Such cute pictures! I have done the phone thing. Have not had the poop experience...thank goodness:)

Leah said...

GREAT post!! I'm rolling!!

Heather said...

I took my home phone to the car with me a few days ago! Crazy! So glad to hear that others do it too! Hey my new email is heatherandbill@att.net