Thursday, February 19, 2009

So today has come...

Yep.  Today arrived.  It began at 6:15 with my younger gang waking to their baby brother bringing in the sunshine.  They usually don't get up until 7:00 or later, but I was thankful to not be as rushed getting my 3 munchkins out the door.
So my project today is Project Spiderman.
Luke's birthday is Saturday.
I make their cakes.
BIG cakes.   It is a tradition by default.  Now, they won't have anything to do with an ordered cake.  
So, I have done frogs, caterpillars, bulldozers, trains, the number 2, a shield, a bicycle (using 2 cookie cakes), you get the picture. 
I have not done a character.  So I am embarking on new territory today.  I am not a big fan of spiders anyway, but the Lukester loves the guy.  Has never seen him in a movie, but thinks he rocks.  
I will keep you posted on the progress or the lack there of in my building of the cake.
You might not hear from me for a few days....
What do you do for birthday cakes?

2 comments:

kristen said...

I am super impressed! I DO NOT make birthday cakes. I don't bake period! Be sure to post a picture...can't wait to see it!

Dona said...

I do everything but the cake! You GO! We have always done a party at our house with lots of kid-os and lots of food for parents. I call a local bakery that starts with a R to do the largest sheet cake they make for B and LL's parties. For LF we have done cup cakes in the shape of a little girl with pig(pinky) tails from Wal-m... They were very cute! If I had a scanner, I would scan it. I love birthday cakes! I can't wait to see yours!PS- we are still yucky over here!