Thursday, February 5, 2009

Shades of Gray

I am a black and white thinker.
The older I get the more life seems to be gray.
Don't get me wrong, there are the clear lines drawn throughout the Scriptures that point us in very direct ways.  However, there seems to be a lot of other areas that aren't clear and to me, are shades of gray.

Thankfully, we are given the Spirit of Truth as believers.  I know that I am not trusting in my "goodness" or lack there of to guide me.  I am trusting in a Holy, perfect God that says, "This is the way, walk in it."  
  

2 comments:

Paula V said...

You are exactly right. Some things are very black and white in God's word, some things not so much. I struggle with those gray others such as ask in His name and it will be given; if you believe and don't doubt you'll receive whatever you ask for; ask and it will be given. So many other topics too.

Tonja said...

My hair is gray.

I think gray is a very nice color.

Please forgive me.

I'm delirious.

And not feeling at all spiritual right now.

But, I will survive. And then I can reply in a matter more befittin of my wisdom.

Or not.