Monday, June 1, 2009

My Favorite Person

Ben,

You are my favorite person.  You remind me of my Savior, Jesus.  You are so much fun to be around as well as being kind and loving.  You are a leader, a humble leader.  You don't demand to be in the center, but you are willing and glad to do things even when no one sees.  I admire you for your servant leadership both in and out of our home.  
I loved meeting you in Jamaica.  What fun it was to serve alongside you while we did missions there.  I loved our conversations about life and what it means to be sold out for Christ.  I loved watching you work!  You are SOOOOOO strong (and REALLY HOT) so it was REALLY hard for me to keep focused on my purpose in the Deaf Village.  I loved washing the Team's dinner dishes with you in the heat as we sang out a joyful noise.  Then, the airplane ride back- talking and talking.  I was SOOOOOOOOOOO hoping you would call me, but I DID not want to appear forward so I tried to act nonchalant.  I thought I would fly out of my car when you asked me to breakfast the next morning and the rest is history!  That was the beginning of August 2000, we were engaged that December and married in July!  What a whirlwind!  What a blessing to walk through the dark days of this life with one like you, strong and unwavering.  What fun times we have too!!!!

I am thankful for your life.  I pray that this next year will be one filled with growth spiritually as you lead our family. It is my desire that as you pour out your life, Christ through His Spirit will fill you. You are my best friend.  I love you.  Happy Birthday!  

Love, 
Andi

8 comments:

Robin said...

So precious. He is a blessed man to have you for a wife.

Kellie said...

Awesome - God is so good

Wanting What I Have said...

Precious post.

Happy Birthday Ben!

Abby Maddox said...

I LOVE that you shared this with us :) thanks

Tonja said...

What a guy!!! Happy Birthday, Ben!

Angela Baylis said...

Happy Birthday to your husband. I'm glad he has you for his wife! I can tell you have a wonderful relationship! I hope you are doing well these days!
Love,
Angie xoxo

Leah said...

What a wonderful way to meet! You two seem very blessed to have each other!

kristen said...

What a great story you two have! God is Good!