Thursday, March 19, 2009

Here He IS!!!!! Project Spider Man!



Here is the recipe I use to make the DELICIOUS cake:

Several boxes of your favorite white cake mix.  HEEEEHEE
You thought I was going to dish out a homemade recipe!  LOL

I do make the icing from scratch and it is great for decorating and is very good on cookie cakes!

Here is the recipe:

1 box + 2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp clear vanilla (I don't always have clear and it is just fine with plain ol' vanilla)
1/2 tsp. butter flavoring (clear kind from Michaels) (I don't always have this  either and it tastes great without it)
1/3 cup water
1 cup shortening

Put powdered sugar, salt and shortening in mixing bowl.  Add the flavorings and water.  Mix until fluffy.  It does harden, so it is great for icing cakes, cookies and such!
*********************

I would love to share the cookie cake with you too!  I promise it is the best cookie cake!!!!!!

1 cup Crisco
1 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla

Beat all together until well blended.  Then mix the following with the above mixture:
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Mix all together and add 1 bag chocolate chips.

I use a disposable foil pizza pan for the cookie cakes.
Bake at 325 for 20 minutes.  It will look like it's not quite done, but it is.

I promise you'll want to eat the whole cake.  HMMMMM, sounds like one talking from experience!