Tuesday, November 4, 2008

IT is a BIG DAY!


Well, today is Benjamin's birthday! 
I bet you thought I was going to bring up the election. 
Don't worry, I will.
Back to Helper as we affectionately call him.
Big Time Stuff.  Hot Rod.  Benj. Ben and so on.
We give our kiddos nick names, as many of you do.  :)
Our prayer for Benjamin from the day he was born:  That he would bless others.  
He was born 4 weeks early.
I had a kidney stone and went into labor at 32 weeks.  They were able to hold him off with bed rest and medication for me.
He was in the NICU for a week.  We would have been out sooner, but he was jaundice.  That isn't a big deal, but when you are in the NICU everything is a big deal to them.
So, finally, home we went!  Ben and I looked at each other and said we weren't sure what to do with him.  We figured it out; quickly!
We are thankful for his life.  
He was almost hit by a car last night while I was walking with him at dusk.  
They were turning into their driveway and we were walking on the sidewalk with our backs to the street.  
A man saw the car and yelled.  This startled me and I yelled and grabbed him, still not comprehending he was ABOUT to be hit.  The man that yelled was shaken, I was totally wigged out and Benjamin spouted off some hilarious material, in complete Benjamin fashion.
*As we progressed down the sidewalk he said that he wanted to go slowly so he didn't get carried away.
*We went back to apologize to the woman that almost ran into him.  It was a pure mistake on both of our parts, but I wanted him to see that we could still apologize for our part.  
She mentioned that she was an Alabama fan and he smiled and said, "That's alright."
We see him continually reach out to others.  He has a gift with words and is able to articulate Truth as well as conversation. 
Benjamin, we are thankful for your life.  God uses you in our family and encourages us through you.  We are thankful for your early faith in Jesus and your desire to read and know His Word.
This was the verse on his birth announcement:
"About Benjamin he said:
"Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him,
for he shields him all day long, 
and the one the Lord loves
rests between his shoulders."
Deuteronomy 33:12


Vote, it's important.  People have fought and died so that you will have that freedom.  
Please don't neglect it.  
That is all I have to say about that.  
Actually, I have more, but better writers have already said it.  BTW it isn't coming from CNN, NBC, ABC, FOXNews, or MSNBC.
I don't like any of the networks right now.
None.  
Not even the one/s (ha, ha) that I usually agree with. 
24 hour news is the worst thing (in my opinion) that has been done to politics.
Too much chatter.  
When people have too much time to talk, they do.
Facts are important-too bad those are often left out.

Benjamin loves that his birthday is election day.
He has a candidate in mind.
He wore a shirt today that says: Future Republican President.
We'll see..........
Happy Birthday Hot Rod!








4 comments:

windycorner said...

Happy birthday, Benjamin! Hope it's your best ever.
Holley
p.s.
Andi, I agree with you about the 24 hour news cycle. I'm catching up with my blog friends instead of watching the returns. It's a much better way to spend my time.

Kellie said...

Happy Birthday Benjamin! Hope it was a good one - maybe you will be President one day - I bet I'll agree with you on more things than either of these two!

kristen said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Benjamin!!!

Darby said...

Benjamin, Happy {belated} Birthday! You have one special Mama! I hope it was fabulous!!!!!!!! Andi, please copy the petit fours... they were a big hit!