Monday, September 8, 2008

Reminders of Repentance

As I reflected on what I wrote yesterday, I would be remiss not to offer this fantastic truth to all of us that are saying, "I do fail. I yell at my children.  I have unrealistic expectations of my husband. I serve myself."  My dear friend, Betsy, reminds me often, "God is glorified in our repentance."  We can't do it perfect, we won't get it right.  
So, do we throw our hands up in the air and just continue in the way that disgusts us?  NO!  We repent.  We ask for forgiveness from our children when they think we are temporarily possessed.  We humble ourselves to our husband and seek their good above our own.  We give ourselves to the work that the Lord has for us that day: to do the next thing He has called us to.  It might not be a significant accomplishment in others eyes, but it is a moment that we are more like Him, preparing us all the more for eternity.  
Yes, there is meaning in the mundane.  And the good news is WHEN WE FAIL, HE CAN REDEEM OUR MISTAKES, IF WE HUMBLE OURSELVES.  Chin up little lady, you are loved by the Father and redeemed by the Savior who gave His perfect, Holy life for one such as I.  How unworthy I am my friends. Rejoice, He is glorified in our repentance.

7 comments:

Tonja said...

Beautiful! How wonderful to have the assurance of this in His love!

Darby said...

Andi, like Betsy, you are good at reminding me of this truth! Thank you! And I'm really good at sounding possessed... and when that oh so lovely voice comes out I know it's time to hit my knees! I love you! Are you going to share the upcoming wedding details with your readers!? It's probably been a few years since we all tied the knot. Have you learned anything new!?

Leah said...

Wonderful post! His forgiveness, His Grace, His Son, the most wonderful gift of all, the very reason we have forgiveness. Awesome post!

Paula V said...

Thanks, Andi, for your very sweet comment on my blog about being so thankful for me. That warmed my heart.

This is a good piece on repentance. Oh how our Father loves to see us repent because it brings us back to where He desires us and aligns us more in the character of our precious Jesus.

Holy bumps.
Blessings, friend.
Paula

kristen said...

Thank you for these true words. I love how your posts always get me thinking and evaluating my life as a wife, a mother, and most importantly, a child of God!

windycorner said...

Hi Andi,
I love these last two posts you've written. So encouraging and full of truth. Thanks for having a hand in building up the body.

Bill, Misty, Will, and Laura Ann said...

I am praying daily about my tendency to yell at my little guy. "WHAT DID I TELL YOU!!???"
I have been considering posting on it. Well you beat me to it. I'll pray for you as I pray for myself. As we ask for forgiveness and help.
Isn't the "We've got to go!!!" time the worst? It seems like when we are on our way to school is the worst time for the temptation of yelling.
May we continue to pray for strength from Jesus Christ!