Tuesday, September 16, 2008

The Passy, the Cut-Off, the Meaning....


First of all, my 4 1/2 year old found an old passy.  He wanted it at nap time.  Can you be serious?  That child gave Passy up 2 years ago, well maybe 1 1/2 years ago.  It was torture!!!! Guess what?  I let him have it today.  He looks ridiculous, but he's napping with an old found treasure.  Am I setting him up for serious withdrawals or perhaps the classic grass in greener with a passy scenario?  We'll see.  Haze me, I can take it.
Today, after school I went to the bank.  I love getting a paycheck!  It is a happy feeling.  I saw a man trying to get out of the gas station.  I stopped to let him out, he was not overly impressed.  He was more angry at the man next to me that was reading a map (I happened to know the man in the map car) and not paying attention to Angry Truck Man.  Let me say, we were stopped at a stop sign.  Angry Truck man was chapped that Map Man won't let him out because he's not paying attention and Angry Truck Man began carrying on with all sorts of language that Map Man can't hear and doesn't care about since he's still not paying attention. Cadillac Car let Angry Truck Man over and he is now behind Map Man's car which is sporting a Christian bumper sticker....GREAT.  I am a Christian too, I just hate when someone gets a negative taste due to driving by all of us imperfect Christian drivers. Any thoughts?

6 comments:

Kellie said...

We are sinners saved by Grace!

Angela Baylis said...

My driving probably makes a lot of people mad. I should probably care more than I do. I don't have time to get mad at strangers. :)
Much love from...
"Annoying Angie"
xoxo

Tonja said...

Go in there and get that Passy while he is sleeping. Throw it away, and when he asks about it tell him he must have had a crazy dream. I'm serious!

I have a car tag on the front of my car that has a cross on it and the name of the church I go to. I hope my actions IN the car match what is on the tag on the OUTSIDE of the car. If they don't, shame on me!

That means I have a pay check tomorrow! YEAH!!! Saving for the islands!

windycorner said...

Sorry, Andi,I have to agree with Tonja. Consistency is the cornerstone of "child training" and it is tough to be consistent. There were plenty of times I gave in on things and payed for it later. Be strong! Throw it away!
As for the angry driver....I know what you mean. It makes me cringe when I see a fish on the back of an inconsiderate driver's car.
Holley

Dona said...

Obviously the car was stolen- or the man had just had a stroke! When I get be hind a crazy driver, I look at my husband who has steam coming from his ears and tell him that they must have just had a stroke and we need to be patient with them- he laughs, it works!

Wanting What I Have said...

That is precisely why I will NEVER put a Christian bumper sticker/fish, etc. on my car. I'm just not THAT good of a driver. :)