Monday, August 18, 2008

WHAT IN THE WORLD JUST HIT ME?

Benjamin-K5
Luke-K4
Here is Mrs. G. and Benjamin-he is looking forward to Kindergarten, just not all "of that work and concentrating!"  UhOh!
Here is Luke with Mrs. W. and Mrs. B-He's pumped about K4.  I think!?!


Can someone please explain to me why in the world these two little darlings ABSOLUTELY lost it by 11:30 today(okay, truthfully earlier, but I can't remember the exact time)?  I mean people, you see these faces...I am the first to admit they can certainly disobey, and do, but REALLY today what happened was beyond me.  I EVEN cried when I got in the car.  They felt terrible and they should.  These little people carry our name.  They really began to act like the little jungle animals that we have decorating our school.  Let me just say around 11:45 L. was under a table in my room crying and B. was doing a handstand in the hall with his FEET on the WALL!  That was after he tried to kill a spider for "us" with the bottom of a swing. Here's what happened- I was welcoming my new students and glanced outside the window and saw my son hitting the glass door with a swing seat.  Where in the world did a swing seat come from?  I had to take a serious double take-oh yeah, it was what I thought.  Thank goodness for my Mrs. Owens who came to my rescue.  By the way, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you dear friend!  She can take it all in stride with these boys.  In fact, I think she laughs to herself about it.  So, after crying, they felt terrible, which is what I wanted.  Now, I don't guilt them usually, but this time they had gone too far-they needed to know they upset me. They apologized, got some "correction" at home and we're hoping for a better day tomorrow. For the love of humanity and this weary mother/teacher it better be...
P.S. Boys, if you ever read this, I do love you dearly.  You enjoyed getting to meet your teachers today.  Oh yes, watch out:  what goes around comes around!  I might just get under the lunch table when you're in High School and cry.  :)  Or go easy on you and just do hand stands in the Frat. House!  HEEHEE!!!  I do love you so much, no matter what!  

7 comments:

Our Family said...

Maybe they think they rule the school since their mom is a teacher!! Hope tomorrow goes better! Happy first week of school! I know that you are excited. Hope to see you soon. Sad we missed you this weekend. Love!

Tonja said...

You could not be talking about the little angels...surely they would not do that....not Benj and Wuke!
It is OK, my dear. You just have to set those boundries for their behavior at school...and it will be hard for the first few days. They are so excited that you are there. Waste no more tears on this...just send them to me.

kristen said...

Please forgive me, but I could not help but laugh at this. The thought of him hitting the door with the swing seat was just too much! We had a great first day...I'm sure you did too!

Leah said...

Bless your heart! We all have days like this!! (too close together at my house usually!!) Hope tomorrow is better!

Robin said...

This post really made me laugh ! They will grow up and remeber this day as one for the history books .Keep up the good work.

Lori said...

This takes me back to when my now 25 year old started kindergarten. I got a note home from his teacher that said "Please tell Chase not to bark during nap time".....I laugh about it now but at the time I was mortified...
You'll get through this and there is oh so much more fun to come. :]

Reba said...

too cute!!! look at those boys. they are naughty sometimes, aren't they!? :) but maybe they just can't help it...that's what i tell myself with andrew- he was horrible today in Gilchrist- we had to take away the milkshake due to a shocking tantrum. :( actually i think he COULD have helped it. anyway, hope your boys are having a good week, and you are too!!