Tuesday, July 1, 2008

You've Got To Be Kidding


photo: momentsintime
Well, my solution to the ironing crisis turned out poorly-literally.  I am afraid to tell you that for 15 pieces of clothing, 8 of which were children's, I paid $46!  I got ripped off.  I can't even say it was worth it.  Now, I feel sick that I spent so much on something to get ironed that I can't enjoy wearing it.  (Note the picture is a bill made into a shirt! :)  It's not like it was dry cleaning, which you have no choice.  It was IRONING...something I CAN do, I just didn't have time.  So, I will try to iron.  Or at least call around for better rates.  :)   Maybe I'll start my own ironing business....haha!  Fiddlesticks!  I guess I haven't arrived yet, no ironing lady here unless her name is Andi.  When do you all iron? Do you iron as needed or before you put it away?  
My solution about the streaking iron problem I had a few weeks ago:
***the "rust" was burnt starch.  I will clean the iron well and avoid starch.  Or maybe just avoid ironing.  I am NOT going to pay that much again, so when you see us and we are all wrinkly, you'll know what's going on in our family.   Do you know that iron has four letters.  That makes it a bad word, right?!   By the time I have finished writing all of my complaints about ironing, I could have ironed.  So, I'll go do some.  

6 comments:

Reba said...

When: actually never, don't know how. I know you're shocked.

Lindsey said...

I do not like to iron nor am I good at it. And I usually don't iron unless the item of clothing looks like it has been wadded up in a ball for a year. My husband on the other hand is a fantastic ironer and irons just about everything he wears. My best friend swears by Downy Wrinkle Release!

kristen said...

Steve wears Brooks Brothers wrinkle free/no iron dress shirts to work. A bit expensive but they pay for themselves in dry cleaning. They are amazing...I take them straight from the dryer and and hang them and they look like they are fresh from the cleaners! As far as everything else, I iron on a definite "as needed-when needed" basis. I DO NOT iron as I put clothes away. If I did, I might never put the clothes away! When AC is in school, I lay her clothes out (and iron if needed the night before) and I just iron my stuff right before I wear it. Can you tell that I despise ironing too???

Reba said...

Seriously- don't worry about the ironing stuff. You are a great wife & mom! Don't be too hard on yourself. If you needed a little extra help with that stuff one week, that's ok! :) Oops, gotta go, Jack is being a "spoilet"!!

Tonja said...

I iron when and only when we have to wear the wrinkled item. Now, Ms. Andi...you should not be having to iron your children's clothes except maybe for a Sunday shirt. Buy only what you do not have to iron...and remember this...a few wrinkles don't matter. Let it go, sister.

Heather said...

I iron on an as needed basis! I do a lot of "fluffing". Stick the clothing item in the dryer with a wet washcloth and dryer sheet!